Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Week 16- This is it!

     Time flies! I'm so excited about the semester being almost over, but I am so flustered with all the odds and ends of everything else going on. Today we received paperwork on what to fill out in order to be a substitute. It's exciting and scary! Going from day to day not knowing where you're going to be or planning lessons, knowing the students, surroundings, etc. is such a huge deal. I am ready to see what other schools look like and how they operate and get my name out as a professional educator.

     At school on Friday, there is going to be a "Career Cafe" going on for the 5th grade so they can begin to get an idea about what they want to be when they "grow up". I wonder what kinds of professionals they are going to bring in and it will be interesting to see what students gravitate towards. I think it would give the teachers a good idea about the kinds of fields they should be highlighting and making connections to when delivering instruction and making it more meaningful.

     After being with my students for a year now, I am sad to see them go. I can now understand how teachers would like to loop with their students so they could have them for more than one school year. I know my students so well and can see progress so clearly when I compare it to the year before. I also know their likes/dislikes and feel like much of the time that is spent initially getting to know students can be decreased so more instruction can begin earlier in the year.

     I am so sad to leave my 5th graders and the team that I feel I have become a part of. I have enjoyed many aspects and learned from even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment